Protect your property during hurricane season with these tips from the Risk Management team at M&T Insurance Agency.
- Seal your building to prevent any potential water entering
- Clear all roof drains of debris prior to storm to allow for proper drainage of heavy tropical rains.
- Fill sandbags in preparation for any flooding potential
- Raise all equipment off the floor
- Drape and secure all appliances, electronics, and computer equipment with plastic
- Back-up, remove, and secure important documents and files to a safe location offsite
- Turn off electrical power prior to leaving the building, unless you need electrical power
- Remove potential outside debris that could damage your property if it becomes airborne
The content of this checklist is for informational purposes only. It is not designed or intended to provide financial, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice since such advice always requires consideration of individual circumstances. Please consult with the professionals of your choice to discuss your situation.
Insurance products are offered by M&T Insurance Agency, Inc., not by M&T Bank. Insurance policies are obligations of the insurers that issue the policies. M&T Insurance Agency, Inc. is a subsidiary of M&T Bank.
©2022 M&T Bank and its affiliates and subsidiaries. All rights reserved.